Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Forever

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Earth & Ocean

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

Earth & Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Earth & Ocean   Earth & Ocean EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:01 am

These are some random little vignettes that I did, personifying bits of nature. These took my purpley prose and pushed it to the limit.

Earth

The earth cried for her sons and daughters. Their bodies returned to her, one by one, as the young and old fell equally to death’s grasp. Verdant fields cried out against the watercolor paintings of blood upon the sharpened blades of knives as well as grass. The world was wide and wounded and each crashing of the waves brought forth a fresh and almost sacred slash of pain. Her heartbeat, rugged and stony at her core, began to shake the ground. She must stop the rampant murder of her offspring, the useless bodies lying meaningless against her skin as they had at birth. She must end them all and staunch the bleeding evil that poured from the souls of her lost children. Alone she cried, and alone she knew what she must do.

The clouds broke. It would end.

Ocean

Twilit and aching, the ocean held her breath and sank within herself. The waves ceased to leap at their land-bound lovers and whispered amongst themselves, the gossip weaving itself around the many contours of their one body. Slowly, naturally, their chatter calmed and the glass-smooth surface of their peace slept quietly, shining as a ribbon of silk beneath the moon.

O! Luna! the depths begged towards the sky, even as she retreated into herself. The glittering orb only smiled down, as if deaf to the lovesick cries of the waters. Empty even in her role as home, as mother to the multitudes, she rebukes herself for her silly shows of love. She has no hearts; at her core is only the glinting residue of her dead children and the ancient canvas which she was built upon. She is a dead thing, moving only with the call of her beloved.

She rests now, when she may, her paramour turned away in ignorance of her anguish. She sleeps, depressed, alone. Her lover would never turn eyes upon her again.

But oh! That dreaded, beautiful face returnes, grimacing down with a siren’s call. And against her boundaries she crashes, suicidal. She breaks over and again, screaming her displeasure and disappointment. Her tears are thrown skyward, ancient mists of death and melancholy. In her rage, her children at their lovers, rough and tumble rows.

Yet each time, she gives in. Each time she is secretly ecstatic at the return of her idol’s attentions. She will eternally worship the silver in the sky, that ethereal pull. She is bound.
Back to top Go down
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
this modern glitch.

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

Earth & Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth & Ocean   Earth & Ocean EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:03 am

o.O

Your imagery is absolutely amazing.

I love these to death.
Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

Earth & Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth & Ocean   Earth & Ocean EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:07 am

Haha. Thank you.

Verdant fields cried out against the watercolor paintings of blood upon the sharpened blades of knives as well as grass.

^when I wrote that, I was sure I'd be the next great American author XD. I've grown up a bit since then.
Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

Earth & Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth & Ocean   Earth & Ocean EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:24 am

I am doing that knee-slapping kind of deep belly laughter right now, oh my god. I still kind of love the second one with all its ridiculousness, but like...what. what was I doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Earth & Ocean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth & Ocean   Earth & Ocean Empty

Back to top Go down

Earth & Ocean
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Order Of The Phoenix :: Random Stuff :: Stories-
Jump to: